Thursday, December 1, 2011

Remind Me

I heard this song sometime ago and I literally pray it every time it comes on. I pray for the words to sink in deep and penetrate every fiber of my being so that I will not forget them when the music stops. There is something about music that moves me....deeply. Maybe it's because it moves me physically, too. You see, I am a Dancer by name but I was a dancer by trade first! I have danced since I was about 6 or 8 years old. You name it, I took it. Tap, jazz, ballet, lyrical, swing, etc. I even took and taught a worship dance class for a while.

There is something about that time of communion and fellowship with the Lord that is unexplainable, but when I am dancing, I am near to Him.  I know for some that closeness comes by the raising of arms or the bending of knees, but for me it is dancing before Him as He sings over me and I worship....truly and deeply worship the One that I adore.  It is such a freeing time for me and is most often while the kids are napping and I am alone in my living room. When I can move and pray and sing and be free. This song reminds me that I need that closeness, it draws me in and I can't help but move. It reminds me that I am just one of many trying to navigate my way through this fallen world.  I pray that I will truly understand His love and grace this side of Heaven, but I've got to be honest....it is hard for me.

The perfectionist that I am, I have zero tolerance for my own failures. (Rest assured, I am nowhere near this critical of everyone else and I don't look at YOU this way!) I need to learn to accept His grace regardless of whether I ever come to understand it. I see my shortcomings and I feel disqualified.  I feel that I am not even worthy to run the race, let alone finish it. I know, it's not a fair statement...but it is an honest one. I pray daily for growth in this area. I pray for those in my life that will speak truth to me and that I will have ears to hear. I am thankful for my husband and others who have been willing to fill that role. I thank God for placing them in my life and I thank Him for amazing, talented writers and singers like this one that share His truth in such a beautiful way.

 One of the worship teams at our church has started playing this song during our regular services and it blesses me beyond measure to pray this with and for my brothers & sisters on Sunday mornings. I hope it blesses you, too!


If you like this song, check out my What Moves Me tab for more of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment